At the Hamilton Artists Inc. we are committed to ensuring all exhibitions, programs, events, and services are accessible to visitors. Admission to the gallery is free.
We believe in fostering a welcoming environment where visitors may request any accommodations they need to experience our programming in its fullest.
Our facilities are in accordance with the AODA Customer Service Standard.
Accessibility, Mobility, and Assistive Devices:
- Our facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- The front entrance is equipped with automatic doors.
- Upon entering there is a ramp to the left of the doors.
- The gallery is equipped with two accessible washrooms (all gender).
- Please alert a staff member if any spaces are difficult to navigate.
- Assistive devices are welcome in the gallery.
- Printed text in the gallery meets accessibility guidelines (minimum of 12pt font size for ease of readability)
- There is seating available throughout the gallery. If you need a place to rest a staff member will gladly find one for you.
View of the front entrance from the corner of Cannon St. E and James St. N
View of ramp from the front entrance, leading into the Cannon and James Gallery
Service Animals and Support Persons
- Support persons are welcome to provide any services needed in the gallery.
- All service animals are welcome in the gallery space.
Allergies and Sensitivities
- Although it is encouraged to refrain from scented products we cannot guarantee a scent- free environment.
- If you have severe allergies and are in need of accommodations please contact us if you have any questions or concerns before entering the space.
Location and Hours
- 155 James St. N, Hamilton, ON. (the northwest corner of James St. N. and Cannon St. E.)
- Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: 12pm – 5pm and Fridays from 12pm – 6pm.
- Please note that we close between exhibitions for installation. Please check the exhibitions page to determine if the gallery is open. If you are unsure feel free to call ahead to 905.529.3355
Driving and Parking
- Cannon St. is a one way street going westbound.
- There is no onsite parking at the Inc., however there is street parking along Cannon and James st. and a municipal lot on Cannon st. directly across from the Inc.
Map of municipal parking lot accessible through Cannon St.
- Please contact us at 905.529.3355 or email our Programming Director, Abedar Kamgari, at email@example.com if we can do anything to make your visit more comfortable.