Lois Schklar, Specimens, 2018 OAC Exhibition Assistance Recipient.
Hamilton Artists Inc. is a recommender to the Ontario Arts Council (OAC) Exhibition Assistance Program. This program provides grants between $500 and $2000 for costs related to presenting work for a confirmed exhibition.
The deadline for Inc. applications is Dec 1, 2020 at 1pm.
To ensure that you are eligible, please carefully read the information on the Ontario Arts Council Site (click here) before applying for this grant. Hamilton Artists Inc. is located in Zone 3. Applicants to Exhibition Assistance through Hamilton Artists Inc. must reside in Zone 3. If you live in an area outside of Zone 3, please refer to the list of the other recommender galleries in each zone at the above link.
Please note that there are designated recommenders for Aboriginal Artists, Francophone Artists, Craft Artists, Media Artists, and Photo-based Artists. You are not required to live in a specific zone if you are eligible to apply to one of the designated recommenders. There is also a specific Aboriginal Artists Materials and Supplies Assistant grant available.
How to apply:
Exhibition assistance applications are now fully through OAC’s online granting portal, Nova. We no longer accept emailed or mailed applications. If you live in Zone 3 and would like to apply to the Inc., create an account in OAC’s Nova portal and submit your application to us through the portal.
What you need to know:
Before applying, you must create or update your profile in Nova.
Your application will include:
- Basic information about the exhibition
- Budget of eligible expenses
- Your answers to application questions
- Artistic examples – images or video documentation of your work
- Maximum of 10 images or 10 minutes of video
- This video will help you: Preparing Effective Support Material for Visual Arts and Craft Grant Applications.
- Support documents:
- Letter/document confirming your exhibition (contract, letter of confirmation on letterhead, or email correspondence). This document must include exhibition start and end dates, name and contact information of exhibition organizer, location and address of exhibition venue.
Complete instructions and requirements are listed in the application in Nova.
For help creating a profile or submitting an application in Nova, see the Nova User Guide.
Contact: Abedar Kamgari, Programming Director
Phone: (905) 529-3355