Call for Expressions of Interest – Hamilton Artists Inc. Board of Directors
Would you like to be part of a dynamic art organization in Hamilton? Hamilton Artists Inc. is looking for new board members. The Inc. has a working board, which means that board members volunteer their time to help run the organization. As an Artist-run Centre, we are made up of artists and people who care about art in this city. If this sounds like you, please consider making an application to join us.
As part of our strategic plan we are actively working to dismantle structural barriers that can prevent access to art and art institutions. We recognize that expertise comes in many different forms, and so we are creating a robust team of people with a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences to help us achieve our goals:
- fostering artists’ participation in national and international art discourses
- increasing our organizational capacity
- engaging more effectively with our communities.
Ideal candidates will help develop strategies that will generate revenue, build the gallery’s profile and attract new supporters.
If being a full board member feels like too much of a commitment, you can join one of our committees instead. Active committee members contribute a great deal to the Inc.!
Some perks of being a board member:
- Gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector including planning, finances, fundraising, communications, marketing etc.
- Network and build meaningful relationships within the art world
- Make a difference in your community by adding your voice to your local Artist-run Centre
Commitments of each Board Member Include:
- Regular attendance at monthly board meetings (approximately 5 – 10 hours of work per month, or as needed depending on board role)
- An informal commitment to stay with the organization for a minimum of two years
- Active participation on at least one board committee
- Staying informed about committee matters, preparing for meetings, and reviewing and commenting on minutes and reports.
- Participation at Inc. events and fundraising activities
- Assuring the financial stability of the Inc. by obtaining the support and financial resources necessary to achieve the Inc.’s aims and mandate.
- Maintaining the strategic and operational plans for the Inc.
- Supporting the Inc.’s programming and maintaining familiarity with the arts community in Hamilton