We’re Hiring! Summer Gallery Assistant
Wage: $ 11.00
Anticipated Start Date: June 25, 2014
Anticipated End Date: August 16, 2014
Hours per week: 30 hrs
This position is funded through the Summer Experience Program and requires that candidates be under the age of 25 on their first day of employment and either currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution or within 6 months of graduation.
The Gallery Assistant will work closely with the Administrative Director and Programming Coordinator to provide installation, administrative, and program development support to the gallery exhibition areas, online communications, and community outreach. The Gallery Assistant will provide support for the communication of several exhibitions, special events, and community outreach projects to occur in the summer and fall. This position will also be supporting the day-to-day tasks including, membership administration, social media, greeting the public and communicating our initiatives.
– Advanced English and Basic French.
– An excellent knowledge of contemporary art and knowledge of Canadian artist-run centres.
– The ideal candidate is currently undertaking a Fine Art, Art History, or Curatorial degree at the Undergraduate, Graduate level, or College level.
– Computer skills including Microsoft suite, basic Corel Suite, typing, and researching skills.
– Ability to multitask and work within a team and autonomously within a fast paced environment.
The hiring committee is composed of the Board of Directors and art gallery staff whose decisions are informed through our policy and procedures document section on diversity in the hiring process. Hamilton Artists Inc. is committed to employment equity.
Email a cover letter by midnight, June 13 describing your understanding of our organization, your interest in the position, and related skills and resume to:
In the subject line: Gallery Assistant_your name
Hamilton Artists Inc. – Hiring Committee
P.O. Box 57125 Jackson Station
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.