Submissions: Micro Grants for Artists
Micro Grants for Artists
Deadline: January 29, 2022
Hamilton Artists Inc. (the Inc.) and Factory Media Centre (FMC) are partnering to offer eight micro grants to artists working in any medium. Micro grants may be put towards the costs of creating new or in-progress artworks. Funds must be spent by March 30, 2023. Any expense related to artmaking will be eligible.
- Six $500 cash grants
- Two media grants, each valued at $1000 worth of free equipment rentals from FMC.
Applications will be juried by practicing artists and curators from the Inc. and FMC's programming committees. All applicants will be notified of the results by the end of March 2022. Recipients will be asked to share documentation of their work (whether completed or still in-progress) in winter 2023 to be shared on our website and/or social media. This opportunity is for members of the Inc. or FMC, you do not need to be a member of both organizations. Click here to join or renew your Inc. membership.
We welcome applications by artists from all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized artists; refugee, newcomer and immigrant artists; two-spirit and LGBTQ+ artists; gender non-binary artists, artists living with disabilities, and artists on low-incomes or living in poverty.
How to Apply:
Artists may apply in the following formats:
- Written submission, submitted electronically using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Audio submission: 10 minutes maximum. Sent as a soundcloud or google drive link.
- Video submission: 10 minutes maximum. Sent as a youtube, vimeo, or google drive link.
- Hard-copy paper submission: Please email email@example.com to arrange a time to drop off your paper submission. Do not include original artworks. Artwork examples may be submitted as photocopies, or on a USB or CD.
- One single PDF or word document that includes the following:
- Applicant contact information (Full name, address, city, email, phone number)
- Optional - Website and/or social media
- Artist statement (150 words maximum) — Describe your current art practice and creative interests.
- Description of the project for which you intend to use the funds (150 words maximum)
- Answers to these two questions: 1. Are you interested in the media grants? (Yes / No); and 2. To which organization's membership do you belong? (Inc. / FMC / Both).
- Artist CV (3 pages maximum), may be included as a separate PDF or word document
- Optional - Up to 5 jpeg images or 2 minutes of video/audio of your proposed project or relevant examples from your practice. For audio or video, please send Youtube, Vimeo, or SoundCloud links.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Hamilton Artists Inc. has numerous submission opportunities. Please read our general submission calls to determine which opportunity is best suited to the nature of your project.